Below you will find detailed information on what Cookies are, what type of Cookies this website uses, how you can disable them in your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third-party Cookies.
- What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install in the browser or on the device (for example, a smartphone, a tablet or a connected television set) of the user during their navigation through the pages of the site or the application, and they store information about the user’s visit.
- Ensure that web pages operate properly.
- Store preferences, such as the language that has been selected or the font size.
- Learn about the user’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as which pages the user has visited or how long they have been on the website.
- Typology, purpose and operation
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session cookies or permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire when their purpose has been fulfilled (for example, to ensure that the user remains identified on the website) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly Necessary (Technical) Cookies: They are essential for the proper functioning of the page. They are normally generated when the user accesses or logs on to the website and are used to identify them on the website for the following purposes:
- To keep the user identified so that, if they leave the website, the browser or the device and at another time they access that website again, they will continue to be identified, thus facilitating their navigation without having to identify themselves again.
- To check if the user is authorized to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance Cookies: They are used to improve the browsing experience and optimize the operation of the website, such as storing service configurations, or storing the purchase made in a shopping cart.
- Advertising Cookies: They collect information about the ads displayed to users of the website. There are two types:
- Anonymous Cookies: They only collect information about the advertising spaces shown on the website, regardless of the user accessing the website, that is, without expressly identifying them.
- Personalized Cookies: They collect personal information of the user of the website by a third party, for the personalization of those advertising spaces.
- Geo-location Cookies: These Cookies are used to find out in which country or region the user is located when accessing a service on the website in order to offer content or services appropriate to their location.
- Analytical Cookies: They collect information about the user’s browsing experience on the website, usually anonymously, although sometimes they also allow the user to be uniquely and unequivocally identified in order to obtain reports on the interests of users in the services offered by the website.
- Cookies used on this website
Below is a table with the Cookies used on this website, incorporating a “level of intrusiveness” criterion supported on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
Level 1: it corresponds to Strictly Necessary Cookies, which are needed for the provision of the service requested by the user.
Level 2: it corresponds to Performance Cookies (anonymous) necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, of which it is only necessary to report on their existence.
Level 3: it corresponds to Cookies managed by third parties that allow user monitoring through websites whose owner is not GRUPO MYR HOTELS (VEREURO 2013 S.L, EUROINVERSIONES 2000 S.L). They normally correspond to Advertising Cookies or analytical cookies where the user is uniquely and clearly identified.
|Table of cookies used|
|latiendahome||365 days||permanent||Técnica||Nivel 1|
|Retail Rocket||100 years||permanent||Analítica||Nivel 3|
|Google Analytics||2 years||permanent||Analítica||Nivel 3|
|Google Adwords||1,5 years||permanent||Analítica||Nivel 3|
|30 days||permanent||Analítica||Nivel 3|
|2 years||permanent||Analíticas||Nivel 3|
|New Relic||session||Técnica||Nivel 3|
If the user wishes, it is possible to stop accepting the Cookies of the browser, or stop accepting the Cookies of a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change Cookie settings. These settings are usually found in “Options” or “Preferences” of the browser menu.
The browser settings, for example:
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=9564
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Other third-party tools, available online, which allow users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation (for example, Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement).
- What happens when cookies are disabled?
Some features and services may be disabled or behave differently than expected, for example, remaining identified, keeping purchases in the “shopping cart” in an e-commerce service or receiving information addressed to the user’s location, among others.
- Updating the Cookies Policy
MYR HOTELS (VEREURO 2013 SL, EUROINVERSIONES 2000 SL), can modify this Cookies Policy based on law, regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt such policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, and that is why Users are advised to visit it periodically.
When significant changes occur in this Cookies Policy, the entity will proceed to capture them on the web.